Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dwjrme

e250 possible dead battery?

Hey I recently bought  a refurbished e250. It worked fine for a few days, however now the only

time it will start up is when it is connected to the computer. I want to update the firmware, but I can't get it into MSC mode with the power off. Is the problem with the battery, or could it be something in the software? I bought 2 and they both have the exact same problem.

SanDisk Guru
TheMarkster

Re: e250 possible dead battery?

Someone in another thread had a problem with his Sansa not turning on unless connected to the computer.  His works fine once he turns it on via connecting to the computer and after unplugging from same.  Does yours work after unplugging from the computer or does it go dead after unplugging?

If it's working after unplugging from the computer it could be some problem with the player itself.  If it shuts off after unplugging then it is probably either the battery or the connection from the battery to the player.  Try taking the battery out and putting it back in.  Check also to see if the Sansa is charging (or at least attempting to charge) the battery when connected to the computer.  You should see an animated battery icon in the lower right corner of the screen with a little "lightning bolt" next to it to indicate charging.

dwjrme

When I unplug it from the computer it instantly shuts off and does not give any hint that its trying to start when I press the menu button
dwjrme

I just checked the battery and its properly in place also.
dwjrme

OK, i took it out and swapped i with a battery my friend had from his and it worked fine so I guess its the battery.

Where can I get a new one? 

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Amazon.com and E-Bay usually have some pretty good prices.

Here's one from Amazon for $13.

Here's on on E-Bay for $6.99 + $1.99 shipping.