Devon

sansa view won't fully charge

when I charge my view, it shows that it is full but when I unplug the charger it, the battery goes down? somebody help me?
SanDisk Senior User
slbassist

Re: sansa view won't fully charge

is your firmware up to date if so try a hard reset
Devon

how do i do that?
SanDisk Senior User
slbassist

to do a hard reset turn on your view and then push power off but hold it for 10 seconds
Devon

While I play my music, my sansa view battery lower and it plays about 5 or 6 hours?
Syndaket

My view wont fully charge either it only charges and shows full green battery after around 1 minute and then stops charging then when i turn it on a few minutes later shows 15% battery life left.. i have repeated the charge over and over and have not had any differences... what do i do i already returned the first one i got for christmas for freezing and getting stuck and now this one has only 15% battery charge the first few charges worked right and now it does what i explained..
tkozlyk

My 8 Gb View has firmware 01.01.06A and the HARD reset suggested does not work. Tried several times.So this must be a firmware dependent feature. My battery also lasts about 6-8 hours at best after 1 month and about 10 charges. I play only music - no videos, so the screen is always off ( 10 sec setting ) & I also have the brightness set low to mazimize battery life. But it is still far from the 35 hours the specs claim. The screen probably sucks alot of power.
SanDisk User
RedVortex

I've had the exact same problem. It says that it will play music for 35 hours but it only lasts maybe 6 hours on a good day. But I think I've found the problem and it resides in the translation from whatever language the sansaview used to be in, into English.

When you hold the power button to turn it off the screen says "goodbye" as if it were to turn off, but if you try to turn the player back on right after you "turn it off" it powers up immediately without having to go through the normal loading screen. This is because the player went into STANDBY instead of turning off and hence, is still running and hence, is wasting precious battery life and hence is making it so that the player only plays for about 6 hours.

To fix this problem, you must HARD RESET everytime you turn the player off. Meaning, hold the power button for 10 seconds (keep holding it even once the screen goes black and the player appears to be "off" ). This, so far, has worked for me and my player now plays for 2 or 3 weeks without needing to be recharged (I listen to it about 1-2 hours every day).

If you are not sure if you did a hard reset, turn the player off, wait 2 to 3 seconds and then turn it on again. If the loading and welcome screen do not appear then you did not hold the power off button long enough.

I hope this helps.
Syndaket

^^^^^^^

i already know all that info iv done my reading and im hoping for some more answers.. but thnx...
Barry

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING CONFIRMED bY SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR SanDisk

"When you hold the power button to turn it off the screen says "goodbye" as if it were to turn off, but if you try to turn the player back on right after you "turn it off" it powers up immediately without having to go through the normal loading screen. This is because the player went into STANDBY instead of turning off and hence, is still running and hence, is wasting precious battery life and hence is making it so that the player only plays for about 6 hours."

This was posted by somone else; I assume he/she does not work for Sandisk.

Is is true that when we shut it off as the manual says- it really is not off? but only in a battery using standby mode?

Thanks,

B