Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk User
djchristian

Sansa Clip+ battery problem

[ Edited ]

Hey!

I absolutely love my Clip however lately i am gotten some problems with the battery. I've done a total factory reset to exclude anyting with the settings however that didn't help. I've used a silicone case with it so no bumbs or scratches or anything like that on it. I alsoalways used the battery charger that came in the package.

I have done a full 8 hour charge and the battery dies after only one hour. It have happened to many times to be a coincidence.

I've already used the warranty once, when the headphone jack went shoddy.

What should i do? Thanks!

I might add that the battery bar was full then it just infront of my eyes went to empty. That wouldn't be normal would it?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: Sansa Clip+ battery problem

Hopefully your warranty is still valid (it starts from the date of purchase of the 1st one, not any replacement). It sounds like the charging system and/or the battery has failed.

I'd call SanDisk and see if there's any chance of getting another one.

SanDisk User
djchristian

[ Edited ]

Yea! On a second thought it also couldn't be the headphones draining too much power. I am using a pair of Shure SE535 on the European volume setting. I am sure that wouldn't be the problem.

I will make a RMA today and hopefully they will except it.

SanDisk User
djchristian

I sent it back to Sandisk. Had to pay over 13 euro. I don't feel it was worth it despite i love my Clip. It's just because the Clip is so cheap from the beginning the cost of the postage made it feel i could buy another copy and keep the faulty one as a backup.

It's the second time i sent it back. First time it was a bad/loose headphone connection.

Well there aren't any alternatives, maybe Cowon but theirs are too big for my taste and they have gone almost fully touch controllable which i hate!

Airborn

[ Edited ]

have the same problem like 2 months ago, did everything, reset frmware, update, change usb cable .. etc ect etc.... and this week, seeing mi sansa clip+ 4gb just to be in the trash, i decided to fomat inner memory and install rockbox, latest version. never wanted to do this before becose im no fan of rockbox, so i installed this custom fomware, its horrible but solve the problem at last !!!, to charge it , i stop the "now playing" song and just plug the sansa ... it solve it ... damm im so happy. !!!  hope this help

PD =  register to this foum to share this cose i read every freaking post here to find some answer so i have the need to do it ,, thnkx